Sports Briefs

Men’s tennis

After being voted the Western State onference player of the year,
Scott Patterson proved the selection to be a good one defeating teammate Dimitri Gasparyan in the finals of the WSC
tournament on Saturday. Patterson was ahead 4-6, 7-5, 1-0 when Gasparyan had to retire due to leg cramps. Both players qualified for the Southern California Regionals which start on May 4.

SOFTBALL

The Vaqueros defeated Cuesta College on Tuesday, April 26 to improve to 25-13 overall, and 13-7 in the Western State Conference. Cori Herbert earned the win and had nine strikeouts.

WOMEN’S TENNIS

Glendale concluded its regular season with a 5-4 win at Allan Hancock College on Tuesday, April 16 anf finished the year 8-7 overall. At the WSC tournament on Saturday, the doubles teams
of Nanor Dekermenjian and Kendra Weekly and the team of Mariana Nashed and Brittanty Carr qualified for the Southen California Regionals starting May 4 in Palm Desert.

TRACK AND FIELD

Several men and women qualified for Saturday’s WSC Finals at Bakersfield with solid performances in the prelims Saturday in Bakersfield. Pilar Delgado won in the 10,000 meters with a
time of 39:25. Maria Marroquin finished second on the same race with a time of 42:26. Ana Gjesdal won her heat in the 1,500 meters with a time of 4:55For the men, Temo Mercado finishing seconf in the 10,000 meters with a time of 32:45. Chris Wells-Anders finished second in both of his heat in the 800 with a time of 1:55.6.

Sports Briefs