EDDIE ALVAREZ
and R" />

Sports Roundup

Football

The Vaqueros (2-8, 2-5 division) season came to an end Saturday in a 27-15 loss in the Western State Conference Southern Division match up against fifth ranked Citrus College (9-1, 6-1).
GCC got as close as 14-9, with 11:43 left in the third quarter, but Citrus put on a 13-0 rally, which halted Glendale’s momentum. Head Coach John Cicuto said after the game, “we’ve got 44 guys returning, and if we can bring a great freshman class in, we’ll be fine.”

Men’s Basketball

The Glendale Men’s Basketball team traveled great distances for a win at San Diego City College Wednesday in an 85-73 win.
Three players scored in double figures for the Vaqueros, lead by Mark Felder with 25 points on 64 percent shooting. Durwin Williams had 21 points and Justin Turman chipped in with 17 points.
Despite the victory, Glendale shot 50 percent from the free-throw line and a dismal 21 percent from behind the arc.
“The free-throw shooting just left a bad taste in my mouth,” head coach Brian Beauchemin said. “We just need to get the ball inside more often.”

Women’s Basketball

The Vaqueros (2-4) traveled to El Camino College Wednesday and won 50-49. Jerniece Johnson and Danielle Johnson led the scoring for GCC with 13 points a piece. Arpi Babakhnian led the rebounding effort with 22. The Vaqueros continued to struggle at the free-throw line, shooting 11-21.

They led by six points with 15 seconds remaining in the game. After two quick Glendale turnovers, a costly three-point foul by Shannon Kegley and two missed free throws, the Vaqueros were still able to walk away with a lucky win thanks to El Camino missing the last shot of the game.

Men’s Soccer

The Vaqueros 12-4-4 season came to an end Tuesday against the 12-6-1 Irvine Lasers in a 3-2 loss. The Vaqueros were seeded ranked ninth in the tournament and the Lasers were ranked eighth. The Lasers will play No. 1 seeded Mt. San Antonio College Saturday after the win.

Sports Roundup