El Vaquero News Briefs

• In observance of Veterans Day, no classes will be held on Monday. Offices will also be closed.
  • Priority registration for the winter session began on Nov. 5, 2001. Open telephone registration for this session will begin on Tuesday, and run until Jan. 3, 2002.
  • The Patrons Club of Glendale College held its annual scholarship fashion show, “Here’s to our Future,” on Nov. 2, 2001 at The Castaway in Burbank. The event raised about $10,000 and will go toward scholarships and grants-in-aid for GCC students. For scholarship information call Ext. 5591.
  • The “Phanatics” Dance Club, which includes GCC Dance Club members, performed in the Sierra Nevada gym dance studio on Oct. 27, 2001. Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, no classes will be held Nov. 22-24, 2001.
  • ASGCC presented a Halloween Carnival in Vaquero Plaza, Oct. 30. The event, one of the biggest planned by ASGCC, included games with prizes, from candy packets to spooky stuffed animals. “The campus activities committee put in a lot of hard work and hopes that it was fun as well as exciting for the students,” said Antonino Patti, senator of campus activities. For entertainment, there was a juggler and a clown who made balloon objects in a choice of color. There was also an artist painting caricatures. Among school clubs set up at the carnival, the Culinary Club cooked up some Italian goulash, cookies, and popcorn balls. The Deaf Culture Club sold Halloween treats, Alpha & Omega sold baked goods, Alpha Gamma Sigma served lahmajun, and El Vaquero gave tarot card readings.
  • There will be a group picture of all GCC students, faculty and staff on Nov. 20 at 1 p.m. in Plaza Vaquero for GCC Christmas card.

• Activate Search
    El Vaquero News Briefs