RAMTIN JAMSHIDI
El Vaquero Sports Editor" />

Glendale College Spring Athlete Honor Roll

Men’s Track and Field

The men’s squad placed 24th in the state, 18th in Southern California and fourth in the Western State Conference. Patrick O’Neil was the star of the group with a second-team All-American and first team All-WSC in the 3000 meter steeplechase. Humberto Espino was named third-team All-American and second team All-WSC in the steeplechase. Others included in All-WSC team are Trey Jones, Jonathan Rozelle, Danny Vargas and Argishti Beglaryan in the 4×400 relay.

Women’s Track and Field

The women had a better overall state record than the men with a 19th place finish. They were 17th in Southern California and ninth in conference. The star for the woman was Sandra Prado who was honored with a third team All-American and first team All-WSC in the 3000-meter steeplechase. Vanessa Brooks was named second team All-WSC in the 400 meters.

Baseball

The season that was just short of the playoffs for Chris Cicuto’s team was one of streaks. The team finished the season with a seven-game winning streak intwined in a stretch of nine wins in 11 games. Before the winning streak, Glendale lost ten of 11 games, concluding with a seven-game losing streak.

The Vaqueros finished 17-19 overall and 13-11 in conference play. First team All-Conference honors were awarded to Daniel Lee. Second team honors were given to Jesse Hirdler, Bill Spottiswood, Daniel Caldwell and Aaron Anderson.

Softball

Wins were few and far apart for Glendale as they finished the season with an overall record of 11-29, 9-15 in conference. Two of the wins came from a forfeit, when Citrus College had to forfeit due to lack of players. Doubleheaders spell trouble for GCC, hitting a low against College of the Canyons, who beat GCC 25-1 in the two games. The season started without the Vaqueros knowledge, in the 11-game losing streak the Vaqueros were outscored 89-34.
Barbara Reguengo was named second team All-WSC and Veronica Patini and Carmen Vivano were given honorable mentions.

Men’s Tennis

The team finished 5-10 overall and 4-6 in WSC matches. The Vaqueros lost their final five games after they defeated Allan Hancock College 9-0. The doubles teams of Gevork Kirakosyan and Hovsep Gasamanian and Kevin White advanced to the Southern California regionals. Kirakosyan also participated in the singles matches of the regionals.