El Vaquero News Briefs

Raising Money

The Glendale College Foundation offers a sweet way to continue printing program brochures that market particular academic programs.
Krispy Kreme discount cards are being offered to help raise funds for printing the brochures.

The funds raised stem from the cost of the card.

“For $10, you will receive a card valid for one dozen original glazed donuts, free any time you buy a dozen at regular price,” Edelstein said. The cards can be purchased in the Foundation office at AD149 and can be used at any Krispy Kreme location.

The closest location to GCC is in Burbank, where the card allows you to receive a maximum redemption, per visit, of three dozen free donuts with the purchase of three dozen at regular price. The card is then stamped each time a free dozen is received and can be used up to 10 times per discount card.

Teach-In

The GCC Justice Coalition hosted a war teach-in on Thursday titled “War Without End: Effects at Home and Abroad” from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Special guests Carlos Ugalde, associate professor of Latin American studies, John Seeley and student mediators moderated the event. The teach-in was in response to the current U.S. administrations growing foreign and domestic policies and subsequent actions in the name of anti-terrorism and non-compliance to U.S. global directives.

A panel was present to discuss the role Congress plays in the government’s current “endless war against terrorism.

Seeley, who represents the Coalition for World Peace, also gave his opinions on the topic.

El Vaquero News Briefs