GCC Everytable Smart Fridges

Student using the Everytable smart fridge in the cafeteria. (Brittany Klintworth)

GCC Campus now offers Everytable Smart Fridges on the Verdugo Campus. The fridge is located in the cafeteria on the second floor of the Sierra Madre building. Freshly prepared meals are delivered daily Monday through Thursday, priced from $5 to $9.50 per meal. The fridges are stocked with various meal options like salads, wraps, breakfast sandwiches, and breakfast burritos.  

“Everytable was founded on the belief that nutritious food is a human right and strives to make real food fully accessible,” according to Andre Manukyan the GCC CARES manager. Everytable offers weekly food deliveries, at home deliveries to employees, or the ability to have a fridge installed in your business. Meals are specifically priced to be manageable for students. The costs are comparable to the pricing at your local fast food restaurant. This program benefits students who may not have access to fresh food meals at home. 

The meals are good for five days from the date of preparation. Unpurchased meals will be split between the Garfield and Verdugo campuses and given to students who utilize the GCC CARES Market (pantry) for free. “With this food recovery strategy, no food will go to waste,” said Manukyan. “Our mission is to transform the food system to make fresh, nutritious food accessible to everyone, everywhere,” reads the organization’s purpose on their website. 

If you want more information about Everytable 

https://www.everytable.com/

If you have questions regarding GCC CARES and the Smart Fridge available on campus, Mr. Manukyan can be reached at 

amanukyan@glendale.edu

Simone Warren can be reached at [email protected].