Student Government Fall Election Results

The Associated Students of Glendale Community College held elections on May 20 and 21 with 1,358 ballots cast in the course of two days.

Francisco Aguilar was elected as president/student trustee with 445 votes. The runner-ups were Kevork Naibandian, 404 votes, and Christine Yeghnazarian, with 346. Sevana Hakopian was elected vice president of administration, beating candidate Erick R. Peralta 482-385.

Manuel Mikhaeilyan won the position of vice president of finance with 555 votes. Mikhaeliyan ran unopposed.

Anna Aleksanyan won vice president of campus activities with 426 votes beating Evet Azarian, who had 313 votes.

Two other candidates ran unopposed. Carla Bilemjian was elected vice president of campus relations and Hailey S. Carlson is the new vice president of campus organizations.

Arlene Ohanian, Natalie Sarukhanian and Lolita Gabrielyan were elected senators of administration.

The new senators of finance are Ani Sarkisyan, Nabil Hanafi and Grigor Sargsyan.

The senator of campus activities positions went to Arthur Oganian, Byourak Shabane and Gayane Iskandaryan.

Senator of campus relations positions were won by Anna Aleksanyan, Lily Chorbadjian and Robert Gabrielyan.

Senator of campus organizations positions went to Anita Shirinyan, Patrick Dilanchian and Serena Zadoorian.

Kristine Dizon
Kristine Dizon, Staff Writer
Hi my name is Kristine Dizon. I am 22 years old. My major is Communications and I am trying to be a publicist in the entertainment business. I enjoyed writing ever since I entered my Journalism class in high school. Ever since then, I love to interview people. I love the thrill of interviewing someone that I do not know and after the interview you know a piece of information every time you see that person.  I enjoy being social and watching football. My favorite football team is New England Patriots. I started watching football since I was seventh grade. Most people wonder why I go with the team that is all the way in the east coast, but my answer will always be they were the first team that I saw play. Writing for the newspaper, I am looking forward to it. I hope I gain more experience in writing and connecting to my peers and my community.