Glendale Election Results

Here are the results of Glendale’s election as of Tuesday after the polls closed and all ballots received before that date were counted.

In the race for city council, incumbents Laura Friedman and Ara Najarian are the frontrunners and will most likely keep their seats.

Despite the rumors of his alleged racist posts online, Zareh Sinanyan is in line for one of the remaining two seats and challenger, Chahe Keuroghelian, will fill the last chair. Sam Engel Jr., Edith Fuentes and Rick Barnes are far behind in numbers at this time.

City Councilman Rafi Manoukian ran unopposed for City Treasurer and will move to that office.

Ardashes Kassakhian will be Glendale’s City Clerk as he leads Stephanie Landregan by a wide margin.

Greg Krikorian is well ahead of all challengers and will remain on the Glendale Unified School District Governing Board.

Charter Amendment A, which would convert the office of City Treasurer from an elected position to an appointed one, has failed.

Charter Amendment B, which would amend accounting procedures to eliminate obsolete funds and ensure proper accounting of utilities and other city funds is too close to call at this point.

Charter Amendment C, would change obsolete language in the handling of petty cash, change bond sale policies, require the annual budget to be adopted by June 30 and reflect the proper title of the Director of Finance.

With some mail-in ballots and provisional ballots still to be verified, the actual results of yesterday’s election may not be final for up to two weeks.

Sal Polcino
Sal Polcino, Production Manager
Sal Polcino is a professional jazz guitarist and published songwriter. Since coming to Glendale College he has been published in the Glendale News-Press and the Insider magazine as well as El Vaquero. Polcino has been a copywriter for his small business for the last six years writing biographies, press releases and blogs for Jazz Punks LLC. He would like to combine his knowledge of jazz and writing to produce reviews and possibly a book in the near future.  
Glendale Election Results