Last Chance To Apply For Transfer Center Spring Break College Tour

One application. One trip. Four days left.

The Transfer Center will be taking students through Central and Northern California during spring break for a tour of University of California campuses, including Berkeley, Davis, Santa Cruz and Santa Barbara. The trip will also include sightseeing in San Francisco.

There are approximately 53 spots open to students and the school will provide two chaperones. However, the deadline to apply is Monday at 5 p.m.!

Kevin Meza, the Transfer Center Coordinator said, “The trip will definitely expose students to opportunities, meet other goal oriented students, learn the details of admissions, and have a great time.”

The tour has been offered since 2003 and has always served as an eye opener for students and gives them a chance to broaden their horizons.

“You can read statistics, rankings, look at pictures, talk to friends who attend, etc. about each university, but until you step foot on campus you don’t get the true feeling,” said Aniss Khani, a 2006 GCC graduate.

Diane Orellana, a 2003 GCC graduate said, “I believe students need to expand their options and begin to realize that the ‘right college’ will not always be in their backyard, thus attending the college tour will introduce them to campuses throughout CA that they may have not previously considered.”

The $20 cost of the trip includes housing and transportation. The tour will depart from GCC on April 12 and will return on April 14.

Applications can be picked up at the Transfer Center, SR215, located on the second floor of the San Rafael building.

Or click the following link for a

Printable Application

For more information, call (818) 240-1000 ext. 5443 or visit www.glendale.edu/transfercenter.