Transfer Fair Piques Student Curiosities

Hundreds of Glendale students attended a transfer fair April 8 at Plaza Vaquero, during which universities like UCLA could hand out information about transferring.

The fair allowed students to obtain information on transferring to the universities they were interested in.

Attendees of the transfer fair included colleges such as UCLA, most of the Cal State campuses branches, smaller universities such as Woodbury, and many others. A total of 31 colleges and universities participated.
“I wouldn’t see this many schools elsewhere,” said Christopher Khrlobian, the ASGCC Vice President of activities.

“We’re here every fair,” said Amin Maghsoodi, one of Woodbury’s representatives. “We have a lot of good students come from Glendale.”

During the event, entertainment was provided by Polynesian dancers Hiwa Bourne and Ashley Wakayama. There was also a performance near the end of the event by Kapono Naruo, a fire dancer.

There was also a small group of people registering students to vote during the event.

“There’s a lot of good preparation from the transfer center to the scholars program,” said Ginger Castle, the UCLA representative.
The fair ran from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

For more information, contact the ASGCC Campus Activities office at (818) 240-1000, ext. 5733. Or e-mail them at [email protected].