Reward Now $60,000 in Brittani Idom Murder Case

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa signed a special emergency motion on Monday, authorizing a $50,000 reward for information leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of the individuals responsible for the death of 18-year-old Brittani Idom, a Glendale College student.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors had already posted a $10,000 reward in this case on July 11.

The $50,000 reward was initiated by Councilmember Herb Wesson (10th District, Mid-Los Angeles) on July 13, and passed 10-0. The reward will remain in effect for 60 days.

The incident occurred on July 6 at approximately 1:30 a.m. when Brittani and a friend were leaving a nightclub near Washington and Crenshaw boulevards. A gunman drove up alongside and fired several shots. She was rushed to Cedar-Sinai Medical Center where she died of a gunshot wound to the head. Her friend was not injured.

Police reported that there were approximately 60 people at the scene, and urge anyone with information to come forward.

“Someone saw what happened, and we want them to come forward so that we can bring to justice the person or persons who were responsible for this terrible tragedy,” said Wesson. “The $50,000 reward that the city is offering is now available for the police to provide an added incentive, if needed.”

Brittani Idom was a first year student and captain of the cheerleading squad at Glendale Community College, and lived with her mother and stepfather in Altadena. She was planning to transfer to San Diego State University.

Anyone with information should call the LAPD Wilshire Division at (213) 473-0446.

Richard Kontas
Richard Kontas, Production Assistant
Production Manager; Former Editor-in-Chief and Action Sports Photographer.