Online UpdateGCC Interim Board Member Selected

The Glendale Community College District Board of Trustees elected Tony Tartaglia as the new interim member. The vote was held at a special board meeting on Monday. Following the vote, Tartaglia was given the oath of office. He will serve until the election in April 2007. The vacant position was created when Dr. Kathleen Burke-Kelly resigned from the board on Sept. 16.

Tartaglia is past president of the Glendale College Foundation and has served on the Foundation Board of Directors since 1994. Tartaglia is a district manager for The Gas Company and a resident of Glendale. He serves as chair and member of the Measure G Oversight Committee, on the Glendale Parks and Recreation Commission and served on Glendale’s Charter Commission. In addition, he is on the Board of Directors of the New Horizons Family Center, served on the Glendale Chamber of Commerce and San Fernando Corridor Re-zoning Advisory Committee.

Three finalists for the position were selected after a paper screening committee appointed by the board reviewed the applications submitted for the provisional position and named the final three candidates. They answered questions at an open forum and were interviewed at an open board meeting on Oct. 24 before the vote was taken at Monday’s meeting.

More information will be available in the Nov. 3 edition of El Vaquero.