KEION MORADI

Pep Club Hosts Toy, Food Drive

The newly founded Pep Club has reported full bins of toys and food around campus in its drive to help needy families over the holidays.

However, club members are still encouraging students, staff and faculty on campus to continue to donate throughout the end of the semester.

In association with the Marine Corps and other children’s charities, the club conducted its drive throughout the year to reach families beyond the campus, said club founder Jennipha-Lauren Nielsen.
The Pep Club has joined with the tradition Marine Corps Toys for Tots program.

As suggested by AS advisor (name here), Pep Club has been working with the Marine Corp. Toys for Tots program in order to further the cause.

Students and staff can deposit new unwrapped toys and non-perishable food items in boxes at various locations on campus including the bookstore, business office, student center, El Vaquero office, the information booth in the administration building, the cafeteria, the library, the San Gabriel building and the San Rafael building.

Nielsen said that the full bins of toys and food would be emptied to make room for new contributions over the next week.

Both faculty and other campus organizations such as Alpha Gamma Sigma and the Armenian Students Association helped with the effort.

The Pep Club has also been having bake sales on campus in order to raise money for toys for boys ages 13 to 16.

The toy drive is traditionally more successful for younger children and girls, because the gifts are less expensive.

The bake sale serves as a less expensive means for people to make contributions.

Pep Club Hosts Toy, Food Drive