Holiday Opportunities for Willing Helpers

_õ The Associated Students of Glendale Community College are working in conjunction with the Padrinos organization in an effort to collect nonperishable food items for underprivileged residents in Glendale. Monetary donations are also welcomed. Donations will be accepted until Saturday at the Student Center. For more information, contact the ASGCC Vice President of Organizations, Erick Santos, at (818) 240-1000, ext. 3126.

_õ The Salvation Army welcomes volunteers to help pack food boxes. Packing will take place Saturday and the distribution of boxes and toys will take place on Dec. 17 at the Glendale Community Corps at 320 W. Windsor Road. For more information, contact Melynda Hooper at (818) 246-5586, ext. 121.

_õ The Glendale Adventist Medical Center is in need of volunteers to work at their Thrift Store. Tasks include merchandising, tidying up items and working the cash register. Volunteers are especially needed during the busy holiday rush. For more information, contact store manager Donna Will at (818) 409-8056.

_õ Los Angeles Regional Food Bank is looking for sorters to work this busy holiday season. Volunteers are needed on Wednesday to help label, pack and sort food items in the Food Bank’s warehouse. For more information, contact Ana Martinez at (323) 234-3030.

_õ The Glendale YMCA is looking for volunteers to help at the Christmas tree lot, located on the corner of Brand and Colorado. For more information, contact Craig Yaussi at (818) 240-4130, ext. 15.

_õ Padres Contra El Cancer is in need of volunteers to help create and distribute food baskets at an Annual Holiday Food Basket Distribution. This event is taking place at 4650 Sunset Blvd. in Los Angeles. Volunteers are also needed for their Annual Holiday Posada at 501 S. Pacific Ave. on Dec. 17. Volunteers are needed to help set up the event, decorate and help out throughout the event. For more information on both of these volunteer opportunities, contact Gerry De La Rosa at (323) 850-7901, ext. 228.

_õ Splash of Hope is holding a gift drive to benefit the Koinonia Foster Family Home and other Foster Homes in the greater Los Angeles area. All the gifts will be donated to children in need. Unwrapped gifts can be dropped off at 415 N. Camden Drive in Beverly Hills until Dec. 19. For more information, call Kris at (818) 395-3963 or contact Rosa at (310) 247-0616 for pick up.

_õ Food on Foot is seeking for volunteers to work on Christmas Day and help distribute food and sleeping bags to more than 250 homeless people in the Hollywood area. Food on Foot is a nonprofit organization dedicated to feeding and clothing the homeless and poor on the streets of Los Angeles. For more information, contact Jay Goldinger at (310) 442-0088.

_õ AIDS Project Los Angeles needs volunteers to assist in the bagging of groceries for distribution to clients. AIDS Project Los Angeles is dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by HIV disease, reducing the incidence of HIV infection and advocating for fair and effective HIV-related public policy. For more information on volunteering, contact Jim Williams at (213) 201-1496.