Louise Chamroonrat– Duplicating

Louise Chamroonrat, senior duplicating clerk, is retiring after serving the college for 16 1/2 years. Educated in Laos, Chamroonrat earned her bachelor’s degree in French and taught in France for seven years.

In 1989, Chamroonrat came to the U.S. and was hired at GCC as a clerk in duplicating. She was promoted when her supervisor retired.

“I retired because of the incentive and because of my mom,” said Chamroonrat. “I decided to retire and am very sad. This is a wonderful work environment and I’ll miss that.”

Ida Ferdman, an English professor, said “she is one of the nicest people on campus.”

Professor Forrest Fordyce, of ESL, said the faculty depends on the work that duplicating does, and he described the staff, including Chamroonrat, as warm, cheerful people who inspire him and others to be at work.

“She [Chamroonrat] is one of the sweetest, kindest, friendliest people on staff,” said Fordyce.

Her daughter, Patricia, works in ITS on campus.

Chamroonat’s last day is Dec. 29.

About the Contributors
Corinna Scott
Corinna Scott, Staff Illustrator
Corinna Scott is a self-proclaimed artist, writer, and journalist. She has studied journalism since 2000. Starting at East Los Angeles College and ending up at the award winning Glendale Community College’s El Vaquero. She has won an award for her newswriting, taken top place in a news poll for her Board of Trustees stories, and won an honorable mention for her cartoon. Corinna has studied animation arts while attending GCC from 1998 to 1999 whereupon she changed her mind on her major and entered the exciting world of  Journalism complete with competing in state-wide competitions.
Jessica Bourse
Jessica Bourse, editor-in-chief
My name is Jessica Bourse and I’m the editor-in-chief of El Vaquero, Glendale Community College’s student newspaper. After graduating from UC Santa Barbara with a bachelor’s in communication, I decided it was time to return to GCC and get in touch with my journalism roots. El Vaquero is an outstanding college publication and it is an honor to lead such a bright team of writers and photographers.
Louise Chamroonrat– Duplicating