Jean Lecuyer – Science Center

There’s an old saying about teachers that goes, “those that can’t do, teach.” But here at Glendale Community College, Jean Lecuyer has successfully been both a doer and a teacher.

Lecuyer, a French-Canadian, came to the U.S. in 1967. He’s been with Glendale for 30 years and will retire this semester. Lecuyer has been about (or maybe “aboot”) as busy anyone in his tenure with the school.
Not only is he a physics teacher, he was president of the Academic Senate for three years and also managed the school’s grants program.

“I’ve had a lot of opportunities, a lot of interesting tasks.I’ve had a very nice career. I can’t complain at all. I’ve had a wonderful time here,” said Lecuyer.

Lecuyer is currently the director of the Science Center, and will retain that position in retirement. He will also teach a small class next spring.

He is proud of Glendale College and regards it as a community college well respected by the UC and Cal State systems. “That’s because we have high standards and we provide a good program,” adding, “I hope it continues.”

Lecuyer, who lives in Los Angeles, says aside from teaching part-time, he will try and fix up his house. Again, not just a teacher, but a doer.

Jessica Bourse
Jessica Bourse, editor-in-chief
My name is Jessica Bourse and I’m the editor-in-chief of El Vaquero, Glendale Community College’s student newspaper. After graduating from UC Santa Barbara with a bachelor’s in communication, I decided it was time to return to GCC and get in touch with my journalism roots. El Vaquero is an outstanding college publication and it is an honor to lead such a bright team of writers and photographers.
Jean Lecuyer – Science Center