Holiday Concert Series

‘Tis the season for music. Vocal, instrumental, from jazz to classical. Here is a brief listing of performances meant to
satisfy any musical palate.

Holiday Choral Concert — Director Jayne Campbell invites everyone to attend the Holiday Choral Concert on Saturday beginning at 7:30 p.m. at the auditorium stage. General admission tickets are $7; students and seniors pay $5.

Glendale College Community Orchestra — Dr. Theodore Stern will be conducting the Glendale College Community Orchestra on Dec. 3 at the auditorium stage. The orchestra will be performing Beethoven’s “Symphony No. 5” in C minor, Mozart’s overture to “The Impresario” and Barber’s “Violin Concerto.” The performance starts at 4 p.m. Tickets are $7 for the general public and $5 for students and seniors.

Applied Music Recital — Beth Pflugger will be coordinating the Applied Music Recital which will feature both instrumentalists and vocalists from the Applied Music Program. The recital will take place at the auditorium stage on Dec. 8 at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free.

GCC Jazz Band in Concert— Director Craig Kupka invites all to the GCC Jazz Band concert on Dec. 10. The concert will take place at the auditorium stage, starting at 4 p.m. General admission tickets are $7; student and senior tickets are $5.

Student Piano Recital — Peter Green will be coordinating a student piano recital on Dec. 11 starting at 7:30 p.m. The recital will feature performers from the advanced piano classes and Green’s private studio. The recital will take place in Auditorium 211. Admission is free.

Chamber Music Recital — Beth Pflugger will coordinate the Chamber Music Recital on Dec. 12 in Auditorium 211. The performance starts at 4 p.m. and admission is free. The recital will feature ensembles form the Chamber Music class.

Holiday Concert Series