Sixth Annual ‘Bamboozle Left’ Makes First Ever Trek to Los Angeles

Over 10,000 fans packed the athletic field at Cal Poly Pomona on Oct. 14 and 15 for the sixth annual “Bamboozle Left Festival,” which made its first stop ever to Los Angeles.

The event featured well over 80 bands playing on five different stages which included stages sponsored by MTV 2 and Epitaph Records.

Bands such as Dashboard Confessional, Sugarcult, Cobra Starship and Jack’s Mannequin headlined the first night of the festival. Brand New, Thrice, Yellowcard and 30 Seconds to Mars were in charge of rockin’ the second night. “Bamboozle” was originally “The Skate and Surf Festival” which offered fans a chance to listen to new bands in an outdoor atmosphere.

The crowd answered to the call of Gym Class Heroes when they encouraged everyone to put their “love guns in the air and shoot sexy out of them.”

“If any of you see Justin Timberlake, tell them Gym Class Heroes said sexy has already been brought on,” said lead singer Travis McCoy, who made it clear that his band was all about “being sexy.”
The big surprise of “Bamboozle” came courtesy of Something Corporate who reunited to play a set of old fan favorites while Yellowcard performed a whopping two hour long set that included hits like “Way Away” and “Lights and Sound.”

Jared Leto, 30 Seconds to Mars front man, pulled out all the stops with a set that included five songs and a spurt of the moment stage dive.

With tickets being sold for $33. 33 a pop or $60 for a two day pass, “Bamboozle Left” managed to leave a mark in L.A., proving that rockin’ festivals do not just happen during the summer.

Graig Agop
Graig Agop, Columnist
Graig Agop has been trying to find the doors to exit the Glendale Community College campus since spring 2005. Rumor has it that he is getting close. This self- proclaimed “Entertainment Terrorist” is a Communications major with a plan. Graig’s contributions to El Vaquero and Insider Magazine have earned him eleven awards for his work in Journalism at The Journalism Association of Community Colleges Southern California and state conferences. Graig is aspiring comedic screenwriter with a passion for African-Americans and Chinese food. In 2010 Graig co-created Idol Magazine (Idolmagazineonline.com), Which featured a staff consisting from past and current El Vaquero staff members. Idol Magazine has been recognized and awarded for it’s questionably tasteless content and innovative design and is yet to be sued. Graig also co-wrote His first screenplay Black Magic (BlackMagicMovie.com), A comedy that follows Colin Laferty and his “Black Magic” Tabooky Tabucky Green III as they jump through different hurdles to avoid getting stuck in community college. Graig plans to shoot a short adaptation of this project with his brother and co-writer Hovsep this summer. Graig would like to apologize to all the professors who had the fortunate misfortune of having him in their class and would like me to tell you he never forgets anything.