ELIZABETH LINARES

Entertainment >> FilmNew Gibson Thriller Stalks Audiences

After producing “The Passion of the Christ,” Mel Gibson has produced “Paparazzi,” where he shows how far photographers will go to get one good shot. It’s only fitting that the movie’s slogan reads: “One good shot deserves another.”

The film begins by introducing the life of a new-born celebrity Bob Laramie, played by Cole Hauser, who has moved to California. Laramie, along with his wife Abby, played by Robin Tunney, and their 6-year-old son become the targets of these four members of the paparazzi.

Everything seems to be going perfectly until Bob and his family begin getting harassed by the paparazzi, whose main goal is to get a few good shots, while destroying the Laramies’ lives.
When the action scenes take over the screen, it isn’t surprising to see audience members scream, laugh and applaud.

“Paparazzi” is a film that is sure to attract everyone’s attention.

The movie does contain some intense violent sequences, sexual content and intense language, earning it a rating of PG-13.

The best thing about the movie is the question it leaves the audience asking themselves: Is it worth having all the power, all the money and all the fame and risk harassment from over-zealous celebrity hounds?

This is definitely Mel Gibson’s year. His film “The Passion of the Christ,” released on Feb. 25, grossed $125.2 million, more than the Academy Awards’ Best Picture “Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King,” which came in at $124.1 million.

In this very different kind of movie, Gibson shows his audience the frustrating experiences many celebrities undergo under the scrutiny of the paparazzi.

“Paparazzi” is a movie that not only shows a celebrity struggling for his freedom, but for his safety.

The movie shows step by step just how tabloid photographers work at harassing their targets for one good photo.

Rating: **** (out of four)