Current and Future Releases

“The Royal Tenenbaums”

Directed by West Anderson (“Bottle Rocket,” “Rushmore”) from a screenplay written by Anderson and writing partner Owen Wilson. A family of geniuses are reunited after their father Royal (Gene Hackman) feigns a fatal disease. The only glitch is Royal was such a bad father that his children Margot (Gwyneth Paltrow), Chas (Ben Stiller) and Richie (Luke Wilson) blame him for the loss of their past brilliance. “Royal Tenenbaums” opens today.

“Ocean’s 11”

Steven Soderbergh directs gangster Danny Ocean (George Clooney) in this re-make of a Rat Pack Classic. Ocean rounds up a crew of specialists, including an ace card shark (Brad Pitt), a master pickpocket (Matt Damon) and a demolition genius (Don Cheadle), to simultaneously steal over $150 million from three Las Vegas casinos. The casinos are owned by Terry Benedict (Andy Garcia), the elegant, ruthless entrepreneur who happens to be dating Clooney’s ex-wife Tess (Julia Roberts). “Ocean’s 11” is in theaters now.

“Not Another Teen Movie”

Joel Gallen directs this spoof of the recent flurry of teen movies and old classics including “Sixteen Candles,” “The Breakfast Club,” “Clueless,” “Ten Things I Hate About You,” “She’s All That,” “Scream”, and many others. “Not Another Teen Movie” opens today.

“Vanilla Sky”

Director Cameron Crowe tells the story of David Ames (Tom Cruise), a rich womanizer who falls in love with his best friend’s (Jason Lee) girlfriend (Penelope Cruz). The next day, he is in a car with a previous, fiercely jealous ex-girlfriend (Cameron Diaz), who commits suicide by driving the car into a tree. Cruise survives the crash, but with his face hideously disfigured. When strange and horrible things begin to happen, he starts to realize that his life has taken on a turn beyond his control. “Vanilla Sky” opens today.

“The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”

Director Peter Jackson (“Heavenly Creatures,” “Forgotten Silver”) directs the legendary story of the Hobbit Frodo, played by Elijah Wood. Frodo inherits a ring that has been lost for centuries, and has the power to snuff out the light of civilization and cover the world in darkness. Wood must journey to the Mount of Doom to destroy the ring. If he doesn’t find a way, no one will. “Lord of the Rings” opens Wednesday.

“How High”

Making his directorial debut, Jesse Dylan directs this comedy about two stoners, Redman and Method Man who smoke pot that has the effect of increasing their IQ’s to the point that they ace their college entrance exams and get into Harvard University. However, when they run out of their Super Mary Jane, they’re left to fend for themselves at the prestigious institution without herbal aid. “How High” opens Dec. 21.

“Jimmy Neutron,
Boy Genius”

John Davis makes his directorial debut with “Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius,” Little Jimmy Neutron may be the smartest kid in the world, but he still has to deal with the same things that every other kid does. He’s aided by his robotic dog in his adventures that get him into trouble with aliens and many others. “Jimmy Neutron” opens Dec.21.

“Joe Somebody”

John Pasquin (“Jungle 2 Jungle,” “The Santa Clause”) directs this comedy starring Tim Allen. When Allen, a divorced, listless, Minneapolis corporate drone, gets beat up by a co-worker (Patrick Warburton) over a parking space, he decides to fight back. His new quest for vengeance revitalizes him, and leads to romance with Meg Harper (Julie Bowen), a young office counselor. “Joe Somebody” opens Dec. 21.

“Ali”

Michael Mann (“The Last of the Mohicans,” “The Insider”) depicts the story of Muhammed Ali played by a bulked up Will Smith. Known as the “Lousiville Lip,” Ali took on challenges inside and outside the ring facing battles such as issues surrounding his newfound faith of Islam, the Vietnam War, and becomes beloved by the media as well as all over the world. “Ali” opens on Christmas Day.

“The Majestic”

Frank Darabont (“The Green Mile,” “Vampires”) tells the story of a blacklisted writer (Jim Carrey) who loses his memory in a car crash and ends up with a new life in a small town, mistaken as a soldier who died in WWII. “The Majestic” opens on Dec. 21.

`Kate and Leopold’

Directed by James Mangold (“Cop Land,” “Girl Interrupted”) scientists transport a late 19th century man Leopold, (Hugh Jackman) where he meets Kate (Meg Ryan) and they must confront the prospect of a love affair. “Kate and Leopold” opens on Dec. 21.

Current and Future Releases