Kathy Griffin Sinfully Satisfying in Sin City

“It’s the late show, bitches!” said emmy award-winning diva Kathy Griffin, who galloped, waved and curtseyed onto stage to a thunderous standing ovation as The Pussycat Dolls “When I Grow Up” blasted through the speakers in The Theatre at The Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, on July 18.

“You came on a good night,” said Griffin who was in a particularly raunchy mood that evening. Once she tracked down “her gays,” her “girls, lesbian or otherwise” and “her straights,” Griffin worked it during her second of two sold out performance that evening. The 10:30 p.m. no-holds-barred late show was just the excuse needed to encourage Griffin’s offensively direct and inappropriate behavior that her fans were yearning for.

The audience was flaming. The spotlight hit Griffin; aged to perfection, dressed in black slacks, white dress shirt and pin-striped vest. Her ensemble included two water bottles, a table and a microphone. You may know Griffin from television shows “Suddenly Susan,” “Celebrity Mole,” “My Life on the D List,” or that one time she told Jesus Christ to “suck it.”

Griffin is like that one really cool friend you pay $71 a night to hang out with. She is also very much like your friendly neighborhood Pakistani hit man. Victims of tonight’s hit and run were Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Ryan Seacrest, Paula Abdul, Barbara Walters and “Oprah Winfrey, and her boyfriend Gayle.”

The outrageous comedic genius with the fiery locks manages to shock the un-shock able. One of the highlights of her performance was when Griffin confessed sometimes she comes up with material even the blunt comedian herself thinks would be inappropriate.

She accepted she may lose a few on this one, but since it was the late she declared Miley Cyrus was a whore. “That girl would f*** a carrot,” said Griffin before she accused Miley having sex with her father.

It was delicious and fulfilling, I loved it. Anyone who has the nerve to expose a 15-year-old for who she really is without justifying her actions and saying “she’s only 15,” has god-like qualities in my opinion!

Griffin sent us home with a segment that was cut form the GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) awards ceremony, where she tricked her mother, Maggie Griffin into presenting at this unscripted event. Griffin asked her mother to point out the gayest person in the audience. Her 88-year-old clueless mother responded with “is Ryan Seacrest here?”

“Thank you, goodnight,” and the fans went wild.

Griffin’s act was exciting and absolutely hilarious. For that hour and 15 minutes we were all on the same team, and that was “Team Griffin.”

Griffin is currently nominated for two additional Emmy Awards, and she’s already planning new antics in case of a win.

With Griffin, being negative never felt so positive, and one thing that’s for sure is Griffin always delivers.

Griffin will be performing at The Kodak Theatre in Hollywood on Dec 10 and 11

For more information visit: KathyGriffin.net

My Rating: 4 out of 4 Stars

About the Contributors
Graig Agop
Graig Agop, Columnist
Graig Agop has been trying to find the doors to exit the Glendale Community College campus since spring 2005. Rumor has it that he is getting close. This self- proclaimed “Entertainment Terrorist” is a Communications major with a plan. Graig’s contributions to El Vaquero and Insider Magazine have earned him eleven awards for his work in Journalism at The Journalism Association of Community Colleges Southern California and state conferences. Graig is aspiring comedic screenwriter with a passion for African-Americans and Chinese food. In 2010 Graig co-created Idol Magazine (Idolmagazineonline.com), Which featured a staff consisting from past and current El Vaquero staff members. Idol Magazine has been recognized and awarded for it’s questionably tasteless content and innovative design and is yet to be sued. Graig also co-wrote His first screenplay Black Magic (BlackMagicMovie.com), A comedy that follows Colin Laferty and his “Black Magic” Tabooky Tabucky Green III as they jump through different hurdles to avoid getting stuck in community college. Graig plans to shoot a short adaptation of this project with his brother and co-writer Hovsep this summer. Graig would like to apologize to all the professors who had the fortunate misfortune of having him in their class and would like me to tell you he never forgets anything.
Richard Kontas
Richard Kontas, Production Assistant
Production Manager; Former Editor-in-Chief and Action Sports Photographer.