Korn Still Untouchable Live

The concert was packed. There were hardly any empty seats, excluding the nosebleed section, in the Idaho Center. Everyone gathered together to listen to the musical talent of Korn, a “heavy” style rock band which has sold more than 25 million albums during their 13-year career.

Korn’s latest album, “See You on the Other Side,” released last December. It features songs like “Twisted Transistor,” “Hypocrites,” “Love Song,” “Getting Off,” and “Tearjerker.” Other Korn albums include, “Korn Greatest Hits,” “Take a Look in the Mirror,” and “Untouchables.”

Korn band members include vocalist/bagpiper Jonathon Davis, bass player Fieldy, drummer/percussionist David Silveria, and guitar player Munky.

On Monday March 6, 2006 Korn was ready to blow Nampa away with their music as they performed in concert. Opening for Korn were 10 Years and Mudvayne. 10 Years produced their first album, “The Autumn Effect,” last year with songs including “Wake Up,” “Fault Line,” “Wasteland,” “Insects,” and “The Autumn Effect.” In the opening act, a riot broke out in the mosh pit on the floor. Luckily the whopping 10 security guards spread throughout the Idaho Center had everything under control. Several body surfers float on top of the large group of moshers and ended up getting pulled off by the security guards wearing neon green shirts. After 10 years finished, the stage was ripped apart in preparation for Mudvayne. The entire audience was psyched. More and more people pushed their way into the Idaho Center to try to get a good spot on the floor.

As Mudvayne came out, eerie music played and an intensely powerful feeling filled the room. This feeling was accompanied by strobe lights, screaming into the microphone, and pounding drums. The feeling was similar to the experience someone goes through when observing Hitler commanding the third Reich in old films. Mudvayne’s album is titled “The Beginning of All Things to End” and highlights “Seed,” “Cultivate,” “I.D.I.O.T,” “Coal,” “Fear,” and “L.D. 50.” The lead singer of Mudvayne used cprofanity to describe everything, from the audience, to their songs and to describe Korn.

Mudvayne exited, and the stage was once again torn apart in preparation for Korn. It’d been two hours since the concert began. This experience is cultue. Sitting among a mass of strangers who smell like cheap cigarettes and overpriced beer, waiting for a band to come out and scream with 50,000 amps behind them. After a long wait, the stage was transformed, lighters filled the air, and we entered the realm of Korn.

The amplifiers were so loud the music reverberated inside my skull. After the initial few songs, Korn started to sound good. The fast beat in most of the songs kept the audience enthralled. The guitarists preformed equally well, with excellent rifts and highlighted solos. Honestly it was hard to diferentiate between Korn’s songs, but they sounded great. And to the die-hard Korn fan, they were as recognizable as Barney is to a toddler. From the sound of everyone in the audience by the end of the concert, they were all contented to travel “into the realm of Korn.”

Korn Still Untouchable Live