Sundance Film Festival Returns to Ogden

Last night marked the first night of what may be considered the largest and most premiere film festival in the world.

Celebrity actors, directors, producers, scouts and distributors have flocked to Park City, Salt Lake and Ogden to view what could be the next big hit on the big screen.

For the next 10 days many Utahns will rush to where the celebrities are just to catch a glimpse and maybe get an autograph or two. For the next 10 days, celebrities will get tired of interviews and try to hide from the scary people that keep hounding them for autographs.

The capital of Sundance, as most people who live in Utah know, is in quiet Park City. Many people also know that if they want to get a seat to a movie in Park City, they’re in for a long ride to get there.

It’s nearly impossible to find a place to park in Park City, and those few people who try to sneak into what they think might be a safe place to park, may want to re-evaluate their pocket book.

“We average towing about 150 cars every year,” said Teri Damron, Weber State University alumnus.

Damron was hired to sit in her car in an Albertson’s parking lot and watch for people who would leave their cars parked there.

“The towing, to get their car out of impound, is about $150,” Damron said.

That’s the bad news. The good news, Ogden doesn’t have those extreme of problems.

Students who haven’t been to a Sundance movie before, or are interested in going to Sundance movies in Ogdenm, have a better chance of getting into movies than if they went to Park City.

For students who haven’t had an opportunity to attend Sundance in the past, or students who just want to try something new, they may want to look into checking out some of the films being played in their own back yard. It’s closer to home, easier to get into, and the towing is less harmful than in Park City.

Sundance Film Festival Returns to Ogden