Ripon College Days)" />

Indiana named top party school

It’s either a dubious distinction or a positive indicator to consider when picking a college.

According to an annual Princeton Review survey, Indiana University has been crowned the nation’s No. 1 party school.

Next in line were Clemson University, the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa, Pennsylvania State University, and the University of Florida.

Following Florida, the rest of the top ten party schools were the State University of New York-Buffalo; the University of New Hampshire; the University of Colorado-Boulder; Florida State University; and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

The Princeton Review surveys students at 345 colleges and universities and releases the list every year. Criteria include student reports of alcohol and marijuana use, and the popularity of fraternities and sororities.

Indiania University President Myles Brand called the ranking absurd, since his school didn’t even make the list last year. IU officials said they’ve been cracking down on student drinking and that five fraternities were suspended or expelled at Indiana over the past year for alcohol violations.

Clemson officials also downplayed the rankings. Clemson ranked at the top for alcohol and marijuana use as well as the popularity of fraternities and sororities.

Copyright Ripon College Days

Indiana named top party school