Board of Trustees Meeting

The reorganization of the board of trustees and the confirmation of President Dawn Lindsay’s contract were the main objectives on Monday’s meeting in Kreider Hall.

Anita Gabrielian maintained her position as vice president of the board as trustees. Anthony Tartaglia replaced Vahé Peroomian as president of the board. Tartaglia’s previous position, clerk of the board, was filled by Armine Hacopian.

The board approved the contract for Dawn Lindsay to be president from April 19, 2010 to June 30, 2013.

Lindsay will go back to Washington D.C. from May 10 to 12 to lobby for funds. She plans on going there once every three months.

Lindsay stated that the process of finding a vice president of administrative affairs will most likely be done in April, and hopes to bring a name in by June to have that position finalized for July 1.

The board also mentioned the work that Kristin Bruno, Scott Ruthie and Jan Swinton had on a submission to the department of energy for funding on the smart grid and received a grant for $750,000 for an extension to the power academy.

The board voted on awarding an honorary associate in arts degree to Dr. John Davitt. The resolution enables the board to recognize Davitt for his many years of service to the campus community at the annual commencement exercise on June 4, 2010.

At the meeting, Rosette Aghekian, associate professor and counselor, introduced Glendale scholarship recipient Sonia Yeghikian in a special recognition presentation.

The next board of trustees meeting will be held in Kreider Hall on May 17 at 5 p.m.

Isiah Reyes
Isiah Reyes, staff reporter
I've been a staff member of El Vaquero since 2008, shifting between writer and photographer. Overall, I’m very laid back and I get the job done.
Board of Trustees Meeting