Big Wangs: Sports Bar Review

Lucky sports fans get to see games first-hand inside the stadium, while the others need to look elsewhere to cheer on their favorite team.

What is the solution? The answer to that is a sports bar.

Big Wangs is one of Los Angeles’ most popular sports bars. With its daily deals on beers and food, combined with the mission to show all important games — and even a lot of less important ones — of various sports, it is a true haven for a sports fan.

The legendary Coach Vince Lombardi once said, “Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing.” At Big Wangs, the most important thing is the atmosphere fans can experience over the disappointment of games lost to rivals or the joy of celebrating big home runs.

Big Wangs has two locations: in Hollywood at 1562 N Cahuenga Blvd. and in North Hollywood at 5300 Lankershim Blvd.

The bars have the most HD-TVs and projectors compared to any other bar in Los Angeles.
Even though neither of the locations is small in size (hence the name); they fill up fast. On the days when a big event is shown, as well as on the days when happy hour specials are available, getting there early is important if one would like a table or even a place in the bar.

One of those days is Wednesdays, which at Big Wangs is “Chicken Wing Wednesday.” On these days it is not only fellow sports fans that fight over the tables, but also the hungry ones. From 4 p.m. to 2 a.m., people can get chicken wings in various flavors for 25 cents per wing. Cheap wings and happy hour in the bar after 10 p.m., with $3 bottles of Coronas, Wells and Calls keeps the place packed non-stop.

The Hollywood location also offers karaoke on “Chicken Wing Wednesdays.”

If karaoke and cheap chicken is not what one considers to the ideal evening out, maybe “Bikini Bingo Sundays” or “Pizza Pitcher Mondays” is the day to go instead.

Big Wangs offers several types of beers, wine and cocktails. The draft beer starts at $2.50, with wine and cocktails a bit more expensive, starting at $6 per glass. The bar also has a full menu of different foods such as pizza, quesadillas, soups, salads and more starting at $4.99.

Big Wangs is open from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily and people under 21 are welcome during the days and early evenings.

For more information and a sports schedule, go to www.bigwangwings.com.

Big Wangs: Sports Bar Review