GCC Men’s Baseball Team Showed Their strength in the Away Game

Since the season started in January, the men’s baseball team has had a record of 13 wins and 9 losses in 22 games, and has had a hard time winning at home. However, the team has been performing well in away games, and their performance against West LA on March 19 was impressive.

GCC paced the game early, scoring a run in the first inning on a hit by Jaden Rez, and Sam Grunberg came home on a single by Alex Dolan in the second inning to add a second run.  A single by Ethan Kearney and the bases were loaded in the third inning. Another run was scored on a hit by Sam Grunberg in another opportunity situation. In the end, three runs were scored in the second inning alone, widening the gap between the two teams.

The pitching staff also performed consistently in this game. Dylan Goodrich, who pitched into the fourth inning, gave up a run but had three strikeouts, and Daniel Vergara, who came on in the fifth inning, pitched a great game. He pitched a total of three innings and did not allow any runs.

“Not long ago, the team was in a slump, but recently, I think we are slowly getting better” after the game, Ethan Pena said “We are starting to see signs of getting back into form, although not 100%.”

GCC is characterized by a very strong baseball team. In a long season, pitchers, in particular, have to repeat their rotations, and it is inevitably a total team effort. However, the coaches note that the strength of GCC is that each player is at a high level, and even if they are rotated, the strength of the team does not decline. In the late season, GCC will hopefully continue to show great performances in their home games.

Koyo Yamana can be reached at [email protected].