Sports Briefs

TRACK AND FIELD

The Vaqueros competed in a WSC meet at College of the Canyons on Friday against Santa Monica and West L.A. College. The Glendale Men’s team finished second with 52 points, behind College of the Canyons with 70. Santa Monica was third with 40 points and West L.A. finished with three.

Ivan Alvarado won the 400 intermediate hurdles and had a personal best of 57.8 seconds for Glendale. He also won the 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 9:10 and placed second in the 1500 with a personal best of 4:01.3.

Azad Herabidian placed first for the Vaqueros in the shot put with a put of 43-9 and the discuss in 131-0. David Movesian was a winner in the 800 with 2:01 and Chris Wells-Anders won the 1,500 with a personal best of 3:58.8. David Catchings took second in the 400 in 51.68 seconds, and Brent Harrill was second in the javelin throw in 141-7.

For the women, the Vaqueros placed fourth in the four-team-meet with 20. West L.A. College finished first with 76 points, in front of Santa Monica who was second with 35 points and College of the Canyons with 24. Ana Gjesdal was a winner for Glendale in the 1500, with a personal best time of 5:00.4. Her teammate Gjesdal placed second, who also had a personal best of 10:49. Maria Delgado won the 3,000-meter steeplechase in 10:39 and Ani Bagumyan placed third in the 1,500 with a personal best time of 5:12.

Glendale’s next WSC meet is Friday at Ventura.

Sports Briefs