Campus News Briefs

• Should the campus move the spring 2014 semester from mid-February to mid-January, summer and fall 2013 semesters will not be affected, but there will no longer be any winter semesters offered following the move.

• To supplement the loss of the winter session, at least two summer sessions will be offered in the 2014 academic year and further.

• The 15-minute late instructor policy is not in effect at GCC. Students can complain about chronic instructor tardiness to the respective division chairs.

• The Glendale City Council cancelled a planned fare hike of the Glendale Beeline, from $1 to $1.25, which was scheduled to take effect on July 1, 2013, due to increased funding from sales tax hikes in Los Angeles County.

Jonathan Caballeros
Jonathan Caballeros, Staff Reporter
My interest for journalism started in sixth grade. I had journalism for my elective in middle school, but in my middle school, electives were only eight weeks long. After my first encounter, I finally had a chance to have journalism again, but this time, for the 32 week year in 8th grade. It was also the first time I actually saw my name in a newspaper, which even today still knocks my socks off. After my 8th grade experience, I didn’t manage to have a journalism class until college. This is now my 2nd semester in El Vaquero, and I love the business-like experience. It makes me feel like I am getting a leg up on something I want to do for years to come.
Campus News Briefs