Glendale Community College Hosts Annual Spring Job Fair

Students and community members exploring GCC’s 2024 spring job fair. (Brittany Klintworth)

Glendale Community College recently hosted a bustling job fair on Thursday, April 4, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Plaza Vaquero. The event drew in a large crowd, with hundreds of students and community members eager to explore job opportunities and connect with potential employers. With over 80 employers in attendance who were offering a wide variety of positions, the job fair proved to be a valuable resource for job seekers.

Among the prominent employers present at the job fair were the Boys and Girls Club of Burbank and Greater East Valley, the City of Burbank and the City of Glendale, as well as the Los Angeles Unified School District and Glendale Unified School District. Other employers included Kidspace Children’s Museum, alongside the entertainment industry’s New Filmmakers L.A. and Universal Studios Hollywood. These organizations, along with many others, provided students with a diverse range of job options to explore.

Rene from Universal Studios Hollywood, one of the first-time attendees at the fair, highlighted the company’s interest in hiring entry-level positions such as ride operators, attraction associates, and retail workers. Rene expressed optimism about the event and emphasized the company’s focus on recruiting individuals with high energy, enthusiasm, and friendliness.

Tyler Gille, a student who attended the fair, shared his experience, particularly noting the variety of job options available. He mentioned approaching the “Go Army” table and engaging in a conversation with Sgt. Tran, who provided insights into the training experiences offered by the Army, including hazmat training, first aid, fire prevention, combat skills, and more.

The job fair also provided an opportunity for attendees to inquire about remote or hybrid work options, particularly in corporate roles. Universal Studios, for example, highlighted their remote work opportunities and various perks and benefits for employees.

Overall, the job fair proved to be a successful event, connecting students and community members with a multitude of job opportunities and providing valuable insights into the hiring process for various organizations.

More information about other job offers and future career events can be found here:
https://www.glendale.edu/students/student-services/career-services/career-center-events

Ethan Oliver Consignado can be reached at [email protected].