Celine Dion is Amazing

Raised on a pedestal and surrounded by strobe lights and screens, “taking chances,” the theme of her world tour, clearly paid off for Celine Dion.

Shimmering and divine, she kicked off the night with “I Drove All Night” at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Dec. 2 with twenty-thousand of her screaming fans.

The avid concertgoers waited almost a year for her 21-song set, which touched on every point in her career.

However, the year of anticipation encountered a major, near 45-minute technical complication.

“I feel extremely sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for waiting, and especially thank you for staying,” said Dion, halfway through the show when crewmembers had no choice but to dismantle a screen that directly blocked one-forth of the arena’s view.

The always-humble and witty 40-year-old diva proved that nothing could stand in her way.

Dion returned to take it to the next level with “River Deep, Mountain High,” and encored with a candle-lit “My Heart Will Go On.”

The concert ticket prices ranged from $200 to well beyond the thousand dollar mark.

The Taking Chances world tour closes in July 2009 in Monaco.

About the Contributors
Graig Agop
Graig Agop, Columnist
Graig Agop has been trying to find the doors to exit the Glendale Community College campus since spring 2005. Rumor has it that he is getting close. This self- proclaimed “Entertainment Terrorist” is a Communications major with a plan. Graig’s contributions to El Vaquero and Insider Magazine have earned him eleven awards for his work in Journalism at The Journalism Association of Community Colleges Southern California and state conferences. Graig is aspiring comedic screenwriter with a passion for African-Americans and Chinese food. In 2010 Graig co-created Idol Magazine (Idolmagazineonline.com), Which featured a staff consisting from past and current El Vaquero staff members. Idol Magazine has been recognized and awarded for it’s questionably tasteless content and innovative design and is yet to be sued. Graig also co-wrote His first screenplay Black Magic (BlackMagicMovie.com), A comedy that follows Colin Laferty and his “Black Magic” Tabooky Tabucky Green III as they jump through different hurdles to avoid getting stuck in community college. Graig plans to shoot a short adaptation of this project with his brother and co-writer Hovsep this summer. Graig would like to apologize to all the professors who had the fortunate misfortune of having him in their class and would like me to tell you he never forgets anything.
Jessica Bourse
Jessica Bourse, editor-in-chief
My name is Jessica Bourse and I’m the editor-in-chief of El Vaquero, Glendale Community College’s student newspaper. After graduating from UC Santa Barbara with a bachelor’s in communication, I decided it was time to return to GCC and get in touch with my journalism roots. El Vaquero is an outstanding college publication and it is an honor to lead such a bright team of writers and photographers.
Celine Dion is Amazing